Krystal Stuffing Recipe
Go to your local Krystal restaurant and order a Steamer Pack of Krystal Burgers without pickles. You will need 20 burgers for this recipe, so go ahead and keep four for yourself.
Combine the following ingredients in a large mixing bowl, using a wire whisk:
1 quart - Chicken stock
1 cup - Liquid margarine
1 cup - Liquid egg
½ teaspoon - Black pepper
1 tablespoons - Sage
2 teaspoons - Kosher salt
2 cups - ¼" diced celery
2 cups - ¼" diced onion
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Tear each burger (remember you ate four of them, so you should have twenty) into six pieces and place into Stage I mixture.
- Gently fold the burger pieces into the mixture using a rubber spatula (be careful not to over mix).
- Spray a 2 ½" deep pan with nonstick spray.
- Pour stuffing mixture into the baking pan.
- Bake uncovered for 35-45 minutes.
Note: Allow the stuffing to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!!!
Krystal Eggnog Bread Pudding Recipe
4 cups Eggnog
3 egg yolks
3 whole eggs
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp fresh nutmeg
10 slices thick cut cinnamon raisin bread (3/4 inch) (may substitute with Krystal buns)
- Butter a 10"x10" and 3" deep baking dish.
- In a large bowl mix the eggnog with the brown sugar, egg yolks and whole eggs until sugar and eggs are well incorporated with the eggnog.
- Mix in vanilla, and nutmeg.
- Cut raisin bread or Krystal buns into chunks by slicing bread into four strips and then cut the strips 3 more times to create rough cubes of bread.
- Press the bread down to absorb the mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and press down again to make sure each piece of bread absorbs some of the mixture. Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. The bread pudding with be golden on top and it will puff up in the last 5 minutes or so of baking. It will be moist in the middle, but shouldn't be excessively runny. If it is then bake it for another 5 minutes.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm caramel sauce.