Go to your local Krystal restaurant and order a Steamer Pack of Krystal Burgers without pickles. You will need 20 burgers for this recipe, so go ahead and keep four for yourself.
20 Original Krystals
2 ¼ cups diced celery
1 sm. onion diced
2 ¼ tsp thyme
2 ¼ tsp sage
2 tsp pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
⅓ – ¾ cups chicken broth
1. Get a Steamer Pack (24 Krystals). Eat 4 and put the remaining 20 in the fridge for 12-24 hours.
2. Remove pickles and tear burgers into small pieces and mix all seasonings, onion and celery in a bowl.
3. Add chicken broth until it is the proper wetness.
4. Pre-heat oven to 350°, place stuffing in baking pan and bake for 45 min. covered with foil.
5. Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 min. to brown the top.
Servings: 10-15 • Prep time: 1 hour prep, 1 hour bake
Have a question about the recipe? Krystal has created a Krystal Stuffing Hotline to help answer puzzled cooks’ questions about the stuffing. Just call (844) TUR-KREY to get help on common stuffing problems.
Combine the following ingredients in a large mixing bowl, using a wire whisk:
1 quart – Chicken stock
1 cup – Melted margarine
1 ¼ cup – Beaten eggs
½ teaspoon – Black pepper
1 ½ tablespoons – Sage
2 teaspoons – Kosher salt
2 cups – ¼” diced Celery
2 cups – ¼” diced onion
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Tear each burger (remember you ate four of them, so you should have twenty) into six pieces and place into Stage I mixture.
3. Gently fold the burger pieces into the mixture using a rubber spatula (be careful not to over mix).
4. Spray a 9×13” baking pan with non-stick spray.
5. Pour stuffing mixture into the baking pan.
6. Bake un-covered for 35-45 minutes.
Note: Allow the stuffing to “rest” for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!!!